The following are the rules for entering into any of the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery (LST) monthly art competitions. Please read the rules and the procedures in order to apply properly. Please try to follow the theme of each competition, as this is the most important aspect for the artist to consider. If you have any questions regarding the theme and its interpretation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with the application process.
Please read and understand thoroughly what the Light Space & Time procedures are to apply and participate in their monthly art competitions.
This month’s Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery (LST) art competition is open to all 2 dimensional artists, including photography (excluding video), and without any geographic limitations. Professional or non-professional artists may apply.
There will be ten winning artists in the top tier, including the following; first place, second place, third place, fourth place and fifth place, along with five honorable mention awards selected from all of the entries. Depending on the amount and the quality of the entries received there may also be Special Merit and Special Recognition awards posted as well. There is no limit to the number of images that an artist can submit.
1. Selected images will be seen by an international audience of gallery directors, art collectors, art consultants and others who appreciate fine art. The winning entries will be exhibited and featured on the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery for a one month period of time and then placed in the gallery’s Archives for additional viewing.
2. By being placed on the LST website, each artist will be able to show and promote their art, their artistic experience, along with their personal art website. In addition, the artist by being featured on the LST website, will have backlinks to the artist’s website.
3. After the art show closes for that month, the exhibition will remain in the LST Archive, for a limited time, to be viewed by additional website visitors and also available to be promoted by the artist through their personal art portfolio.
4. LST will promote the winning artists of each exhibition in an email promotion, online press release marketing, online event promotions and in social media marketing to art collectors, art gallery owners and directors and related art professionals.
5. LST will promote the winning results by posting press releases to more than 70+ online Press Release sites to announce the winners of each month’s competition. Each press release will detail that month’s exhibition and when possible, advertise the artist’s professional art websites. In addition, LST also promotes that month’s art exhibition in 75+ worldwide online event sites.
6. LST will also provide promotion to the artists in the Special Merit, Honorable Mention and Special Recognition categories by having them listed in the archive of the online gallery exhibition.
LST Art Calls are open to all AMATEUR and PROFESSIONAL artists, 18 years and older, worldwide (unless restricted in the call). Experimental and mixed techniques are also welcome. Only 2D work is eligible and each file may not exceed 1MB and must be in a jpg format. No images that were selected from any previous LST Art Competition will be allowed to be entered again.
The entry fee is $12.00 for two (2) entries or $20.00 three or more, up to five (5) entries.
See the LST website post or page for the deadline for this month’s competition and theme.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Click on this link to enter. SUBMIT HERE
2. Upload your images in the form provided above and make sure that each step is followed closely.
3. Pay your entry fee. Payments are made online through PayPal and the artist does not need to have a PayPal account in order to make payment. The LST PayPal account name is email@example.com
NOTE: There Will Be No Return of Any Entry Fees
Prepare your images as required before beginning the submission process. Submissions are only accepted via the LST online process. Here are two articles that will help you when you submit your entries to LST; How to Photograph Your Art the Right Way and How Not to Submit Your Images. In addition, here is a video by Tyler Stalman, produced for Saatchi Online that will visually show you the process on how to reproduce your art.
Digital image files must meet the following specifications: JPG files only with the largest width dimension being 1000 pixels, with a resolution of 100, and JPG compression quality of 12 (or the highest quality setting). Do not send images of your artwork which has been framed or contains watermarks. LST may color correct your images in order to enhance the overall presentation. LST may crop your images for formatting purposes for use in the Next Gen Carousel, Next Gen Slide Show, Event Catalogue, other off-site slide shows, YouTube presentations, other LST presentations and for other areas of the website if your images are chosen.
The sizing and labeling of your images is very important. Please label your image files in the following manner; last name, image #, competition name, image/entry name. Here is an Example: Smith_1_Surfaces_Wave.jpg. Please fill out the entire form and load all five (5) images (or less entries) before sending the upload. If the submitted images are not sized properly, the artist understands that LST may have to resize and crop the images to conform to the format constraints.
The file name may not include characters such as #, $, &, periods or other similar characters as part of the file, and it is important to follow these instructions about the file name to allow the right storage into the image database.
Image name may not exceed 40 characters. Please note that image name is the name of the artwork, not the file name.
When submitting your entries, we ask that you provide a short bio (200 Word Limit), written in the third person. Tell us a little bit about yourself: your artistic training, your artistic inspiration, media choice, any special techniques used, any prior exhibitions… anything that you might like our patrons and visitors to know about you. Also, include your website URL.
NOTE: In the final evaluation and for our choices for the top exhibition selections, we will select the artist who has provided us with a complete bio, versus an artist who did not, therefore it is important to provide this information to us. Poorly written bios or any bios that have exceeded the word limit will be edited.
Every artist whose artwork is chosen for that month’s art exhibition will receive an email notification. All other art competition participants will also receive an email notifying them that their artwork was not selected, along with the results of that art competition.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
Based on the artwork submitted to our competitions, they will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
1. Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
2. Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
3. Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
4. Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
The Juror of the art competition will be John R. Math and he may be assisted by other professional artists when they are available. John R. Math is the founder and the Gallery Director of the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery. John is also a fine art photographer who successfully sells his work through art galleries and through art representatives, mostly to the corporate art world. In addition, he is an art marketing expert helping new and emerging artists to market and promote their art.
Please review the dates of each month’s competition for deadlines and themes in the website’s posts or pages.
LST does not particpate in any sales of art. Any and all purchase inquiries will be referred directly back to the artist for further disposition.
EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION: Artist agrees and understands that by submitting their artwork to the LST Gallery that they are opting in and will be placed as a Gallery Subscriber and will receive future email announcements and email notices from us. If you want to be removed from this Email Subscriber List, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you immediately from all future email messages from the Gallery.
Artists who submit their artwork to the Light Space Time Online Art Gallery (LST) website for an art competition and have any of their submitted artwork chosen for participation in the subsequent art exhibition agree to the following; That LST be granted usage of the chosen artwork, only for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition, and for any future LST themed art exhibitions and that usage of that image(s) is limited to any LST press releases, LST event presentations, LST articles, LST graphics, LST slide shows, LST presentations, LST event materials and for use on the LST website.
The artist further agrees that LST can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork for the purpose of a historical documentation and as a record of past themed shows. This archive will be available for public viewing and be limited to the LST website (www.lightspacetime.com). LST will credit each image creator with their Artist Name, File Name and the Artist Website, if applicable. The Artist shall maintain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to LST.
No resale of or exchange of images will occur by LST. Any images not selected for participation in any LST themed art exhibitions may be removed from the www.lightspacetime.com servers after sixty (60) days from the date of the deadline of the art competition’s published results.
All images contained herein or attached to this website are the property of the artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all applicable rights to said images. No images may be copied or downloaded from this website.
Any questions? Contact us at: email@example.com
Best of Luck! SUBMIT HERE